CordenPharma is a leading Contract Development & Manufacturing (CDMO) partner with approximately 2’000 employees across Europe and the United States and annual revenues > 500 M€, enabling pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to link their requirements for product success with their patients’ healthier lives.
Founded in 1987, CordenPharma Brussels, formerly Peptisyntha, was a member of the Solvay group until being acquired by CordenPharma in October 2013. CordenPharma Brussels has built a 30-year track record of success in supplying pharmaceutical and biotech companies with clinical and commercial scale cGMP peptide APIs.
Through expertise and capabilities in all synthetic peptide-manufacturing technologies, CordenPharma Brussels assesses and customizes its manufacturing approach to achieve the most effective manufacturing process for its customers.
To reinforce our Process Development & Scale up team (PDS), we are looking for a Lab Technician. In this role, you will conduct laboratory tests in developing, optimizing or in applying synthesis methods for raw materials, intermediates and finished products (active ingredients) in order to develop robust, cost-effective and suitable synthesis processes for transfer to production.
Duties and responsibilities
- >> Conduct laboratory tests:
- >> Feasibility study, development and optimization of peptide and peptide derivatives synthesis processes by LPPS, taking into account the expected yield and purity criteria.
- >> Synthesis of raw peptides for pilot batch production
- >> “Trouble-shooting” for on-going productions
- >> Actively participate in the transfer of processes into production when necessary
- >> Perform the necessary analyses in the context of product synthesis and isolation using the appropriate methods ((U)HPLC, LC/MS)
- >> Synthesize and communicate the results obtained in a concise and clear manner, in the form of a report
- >> Participate in the elaboration of batch records of the synthesis processes
- >> Integrate cGMP aspects into the daily work (documentation/lab notebooks)
- >> Contribute to the smooth running, order and maintenance of the laboratory
Qualifications and skills
- >> Bachelor in Organic Chemistry.
- >> Previous experience in organic synthesis is preferable.
- >> Knowledge of peptide chemistry
- >> Experience in GMP environment is an asset.
- >> Ability to work independently in a fast paced multitasking environment.
- >> Rigorous with excellent organization and coordination skills.
- >> Strong customer oriented-mindset.
- >> Flexible, able to set priorities and solution oriented.
- >> Team spirit and ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- >> Strong oral & written communication skills (French, able to understand English).
- >> Excellent command of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What we offer
We offer a permanent contract, a competitive salary package and varied and motivating responsibilities.
Then we should definitely get to know each other. We look forward to receiving your application via the link or send it to [email protected]