CordenPharma is a leading full-service contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), excipients and pharmaceuticals Drug Products (DP) and packaging capabilities with more than 2’600 employees across the world. Our services enable pharmaceutical and biotech companies to manufacture medicines with the ultimate goal of improving people’s lives.
Our network in Europe and the US offers flexible and specialized solutions across five technology platforms: Peptides, Lipids & Carbohydrates, Injectables, Highly Potent & Oncology, and Small Molecules. We strive for excellence in supporting this network and are committed to providing the highest quality products for the well-being of patients.
CordenPharma Brussels entity is a cGMP manufacturer supplying pharmaceutical and biotech companies with clinical and commercial-scale cGMP peptide APIs, manufactured using world-class cost-effective production processes and innovative proprietary technologies.
The Head of R&D will be in charge of all the activities of process development and scale up: projects quotation, process development and optimization, analytical development and validation, and process transfer for peptide APIs / drug substances (intra & inter-sites).
He/she will ensure the follow-up and the management of the processes while respecting the deadlines and costs.
He/she will be responsible for managing both the process development team and the analytical development & validation team, composed of experts and technicians.
The Head of R&D reports directly to the Managing Director and in dotted line to the Global Head of R&D.
He/she acts as expert partner to customers and to the group’s R&D teams.
As member of the Senior Leadership Team of CordenPharma Brussels, the Head of R&D participates in the strategy e.g. preparation of the budget, development and monitoring of the investment plan and driving innovation.
Duties and responsibilities
- >> Plan, manage and coordinate the R&D activities in accordance with the goals and policies of the company, in line with the Corporate development guidelines
- >> Develop, train and coach the team to enable the deployment of development methodologies ensuring the performance and robustness of the manufacturing processes
- >> Optimize processes, methods and available capacities, including possibility of outsourcing
- >> Ensure that the developed processes are adequately transferable to production, in-house and to other large-scale production sites, according to expectation of recipient teams
- >> Deliver the necessary data to the production to prepare production and QC documentation, ensure proper planning and selection of compatible equipment for the projects
- >> Provide appropriate scientific and technical support for production problems (e.g. problem analysis, laboratory tests for investigation and implementation of the solution in production)
- >> Support the PMO department locally and Sales & Marketing globally in i) assessing new requests, ii) evaluating the production process and associated development plan, iii) simulating production projections for cost evaluation and iv) finding appropriate production set-up to meet market prices
- >> Ensure compliance with all regulatory constraints during the development of an API
- >> Establishes best practices in terms of HSE
- >> Encourage innovation through the emergence of ideas within the organization. Follow-up on innovation projects, in line with the group’s strategy
- >> Oversees and manage intellectual property activities
- >> Present scientific results and data from our own developments at international conferences and ensure technical and scientific networking at academic and industrial level
Qualifications and skills
- >> PhD in Organic Chemistry or equivalent (knowledge of peptide chemistry is a plus)
- >> 10 years of experience in process development including at least 5 year experience in GMP manufacturing of drug substances, ideally peptides.
- >> Experience in a CDMO organization
- >> Experience in people management (incl. leading, developing, coaching)
- >> Outstanding leadership, ability to gain trust and influence at all levels and collaborative.
- >> Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues, design solutions using critical thinking, analytical skills and best practices.
- >> Strong organizational skills
- >> Strategic thinking ability paired with a can-do mentality
- >> Excellent oral & written communication skills (English & French) with internal and external customers
- >> Track-record in creative thinking, problem solving and innovation
- >> Strong customer orientation
What we offer
We offer a permanent contract, a competitive salary package and varied and motivating responsibilities.
Then we should definitely get to know each other. We look forward to receiving your application via the button Apply or send it to [email protected]