Founded in 1987, Corden Pharma Brussels (formerly Peptisyntha) was part of the Solvay Group until it was acquired by CordenPharma in October 2013. For 26 years, Corden Pharma Brussels has been producing cGMP API peptides for small and large scale customers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields. Its expertise is internationally recognized. Through its know-how and capabilities in the field of production technologies, Corden Pharma Brussels evalues and adapts its way of manufacturing to provide customers the most efficient production process possible.
Corden Pharma Brussels has developed its own portfolio of innovative technologies with the aim of improving synthesis processes, controlling quality and simplifying (or eliminating) HPLC purifications for short peptides.
To strengthen our Process Development & Scale-up department, we are currently offering two permanent positions of Chemical Project Leader. The successful candidates will report directly to the Head of Process Development & Scale-up.
The chemical project leader
- >> Leads chemical process development projects (within Corden Pharma Brussels or in collaboration with other Corden sites) for the industrial manufacturing of peptides.
- >> In collaboration with lab assistants, generates experimental data in the frame of feasibility studies, process development/optimisation, studies supporting validation, trouble-shooting for running productions
- >> Performs scale-up of developed processes in pilot unit
- >> Transfers developed processes to production department
- >> Integrates cGMP requirements in developped processes
- >> Provides adequate technical reporting
- >> Participates to the drafting of master batch records
- >> Provides technical input for the preparation of regulatory documents
- >> Provides technical input for new project evaluations
- >> Participates as technical expert to regular teleconferences and meetings with customers and internal team meetings
- >> Reports to the Head of Process Development & Scale-up
- >> Master degree in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline. PhD is a plus.
- >> Several years of experience in process development in chemical or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- >> Knowledge or experience in peptide chemistry appreciated
- >> Ability to work in team
- >> Autonomous and proactive
- >> Good communication skills
- >> Hands-on and result-oriented
- >> Languages:
- >> A satisfying English level is mandatory (written and spoken) to be able to interact with customers and other Corden Pharma sites, and for technical documents drafting
- >> French (or willing to learn French), as this is the official language of the site
Important and challenging permanent position in a growing company in an international environment. Attractive remuneration package.
Interested and enthusiastic about this job? Please send us your application!